Sunday, March 21, 2010

More Bergs descend on Uganda

The teacher in Kapachirya (the woman on the left in the photo) got the children started singing and dancing for us. They immediately formed themselves into two rows with the taller children in back. She would sing a phrase and they would answer back.


This past week was a full one for us. We got visitors: Paul's sister, Mary; brother, Jim, and his wife Vanessa; and his cousin, Julie, and her husband Steve. We took them to the Ngenge villages where Paul's primary project is located, then on a safari at Murchison Falls. The village part wasn't your typical vacation, but they rolled with the punches and soaked it all in, much as my mom and brother had done when they visited. We saw plenty of animals on the safari and as close as you could ask for. We'll post more pictures and details over the next few days, but here are some pictures to get you started.

Sorry, in this entry the photos and text are not where I want them to be but I can't fix it!



Jim, Mary, and Julie in the safari van


We saw six lions, three one day and three the next. This photo was not taken with a telephoto lense. At one point our van was so close to the lions that I closed the window because one was crouched down, staring me right in the eyes, and I felt like with one spring she could have me. I didn't want to be dinner!






No comments:

Post a Comment