Monday, January 18, 2010

More Bead for Life


I'm on the left, dancing with the beaders and Bead for Life staff at the start of the workday. The young woman in the purple striped shirt in the middle is Clare, one of the women I work most closely with. She seems to like talking about words almost as much as I do. One day I shared my snack of almonds with her, which she had never tasted, and later she told me that when she went home she and her sister had a big discussion about whether you pronounce the "l" and the"d" in "almond." I ended up sending a signed note home with her to verify for her sister that most Americans pronounce neither (try it - we basically say "ah-mun"). As a side note, I brought in hazelnuts the next day and she said they tasted exactly like the almonds and both tasted like coconut.


This is one of our few male beaders presenting two weeks' worth of beads to the buyers. They'll choose the ones they want and advise him on changes to make for the next batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment