Sunday, June 21, 2009

You can skip this entry

This is just Karen wondering aloud about what form this blog will take, so there's no actual information here. The blog could almost function as an online diary for me. I probably won't write much anywhere else about our day-to-day lives and my response to all we encounter; this could be my way to remember what happens. On the other hand, as any English teacher from middle school on would tell you, it's important to consider your audience when you write. If my audience is not primarily myself, who will it be? My family and closest friends? People who dip in occasionally to catch the latest? Religious people or non-religious? Often when I write I find I subconsciously have one person in mind as my audience, though I have little idea why I've chosen that person, and it's a different person at different times.

Or maybe as often as happens with blogs, we'll end up not writing much at all. We'll be busy living, and there's no harm in that.

What I'm really wondering, of course, is not just about the blog, but what our lives will be like in Kampala. It's a big unknown, and I hardly know how to begin thinking about it.

1 comment:

  1. I will chime in with an opinion...and though you said this was a blog entry to be skipped, it is the one I was drawn to the most. It is VERY interesting to read about what you will be doing and I love the map because it gives some perspective on location. And in the future it will be fun to have pictures and updates on what you are doing. But the thing I loved most about Lisa's blog, and what I look forward to with yours, is the day to day living of life. It is not mundane to share your musings with others. It gives a window into your soul and that is, indeed, worth sharing. I will very much enjoy the variety that I have no doubt will come forth, and I look forward to the simple and the profound, the religious and the secular, the beautiful and ugly of it all.
    Linda Gilham :-)

    ReplyDelete