Saturday, May 8, 2010

Goodbye Uganda


I feel like I should say something profound here, but I don't know what it is. Our time in Uganda has been fascinating, discouraging, fun, challenging,rewarding - all of which we expected but didn't know how it would play out. Now we know. We have years' worth of impressions that we've packed into nine months. I know we both hope we take time to reflect on what we've experienced when we arrive home, and I think we will. But for now, we're anticipating stepping onto that British Air flight at nine tomorrow morning, settling into our comfortable seats, and flying back to a different world.

Thanks again for all the love and support we have received from our friends and family. It's been fun communicating with you through this blog, and though I don't anticipate continuing it for long once we return home, I'm sure we'll have a few thoughts and pictures to put up.

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace,"

Karen

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all your work in Uganda! I know that you made a great impact in many peoples lives! I pray that God would never let you forget the many ways that He has revealed Himself to you and that you would take back many great memories!

    - Chad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd rather be in Kampala than in London. Hope you survive the UK natives. Welcome home soon.

    ReplyDelete