Saturday, July 11, 2009

Christmas in July

Every year, about two weeks before Christmas, I hit panic mode. I've done it for enough years now to recognize the symptoms. Too much to do, too little time in which to get it done, and I get a knot in the pit of my stomach. Then by a few days before Christmas I start to relax. Most of the big jobs are done, family is gathering, the house looks nice and smells good, and the gifts are piling up under the tree.
I feel like I'm in the two-weeks-before-Christmas phase of our move to Uganda now, although we're actually about 5 weeks out. I cross things off the top of my to-do list and add others on to the bottom. I have maybe 50 tasks to accomplish and I'm averaging 3-5 a day. If no one gets in my way maybe I'll get it all done but life has a way with interfering with my plans.
Logic and faith tell me that everything will get done, but my emotions are what keep me up at night making mental lists. I'm hoping to lasso our kids into helping Paul and me with some of the tasks, and I trust that between all of us, we'll make it onto that plane on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment